Saturday, April 2, 2011

Casting the vision

I had wanted to do a belly cast for this pregnancy, as I had done for Sebastian.  And my dear friend, midwife, professional belly-caster, Jennifer, made it work into her schedule to come for a visit in order to get the belly cast done before the baby came – we did this on February 20th, just a few days before my due date.

For anyone who’s ever considered this, I highly recommend it – not only is it a very neat way to capture your beautiful belly while carrying a child, but it’s also just really cool to experience the plaster on your belly while the little one is moving around, trying to “break the mold,” so to speak!  

IMG_7588

It was amazing to me to see how different my belly casts turned out from the two different pregnancies.  Of course they say that the way you carry a pregnancy dictates what gender of baby you’ll have… not sure how much truth there is to that, but it seemed to hold true this time around for me.  ;)

IMG_7591Even though my hubby is always questioning what in the world we’re going to do with these belly casts that are lying around our house, Jennifer and I were able to get him involved and cast his hand into cast #2.  We didn’t take nearly as many pictures (um, if any) of my belly this time around – I guess that’s what happens when you have a very active toddler to chase after and life at home and work is going at a pace faster than you can keep up with!  For that reason, I’m happy to have the cast, and glad to have Tim’s hand in it too!  And someday, I will do something with these things… I have a vision for them, which involves painting them, preserving them, hanging them, etc., but it will just be a matter of time til I make that vision a reality!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails