Saturday, November 27, 2010

Beach Trip

IMG_7222

It seems a bit odd to be posting these photos now, when we were at the beach over 2 1/2 months ago, and it’s now getting blistery cold… but in an effort to forget about the temperature outside and my winter garb, as well as catch up a bit on posting, I thought I’d post away…! 

We spent a weekend in Ocean City, MD with our dear friends, Marvin & Dori.  It was beautiful mid-September weather, the temperature was in the 70’s, and we were thrilled to be hanging out in OC during “bike week!”  We didn’t know exactly what to expect, but it was a cultural experience, nonetheless.

Two preggers, two daddies, a super adorable toddler, lots of fantastic food, great company… what more could we ask for?!? 

Take a peak at some of my favorites from the get-away:

IMG_7160Still didn’t have a big enough belly to prevent me from carrying Sebbie in the Ergo on my front!  My, how things change in such a short period of time!

nanny dori & seb b&w Nanny Dori & Sebastian watching the waves.

IMG_7172 Loved, loved, loved to play in the sand!

daddy & seb beach Buried daddy!  Where’d his legs go?daddy in the sand

 IMG_7211 

Evening stroll on the boardwalk…

IMG_7202That baby ended up weighing almost 10 pounds!  I’m sure it had nothing to do with Thrasher’s fries (see below)…IMG_0375Holy French fries!  I’ve never seen such a thing in all my life… but boy, were they delicious!  Not sure who ate more – Sebastian or the pregnant mommies! 

ocean city family 2One last walk on the beach before we loaded up the car and headed home, after a great weekend away.  It was time too apply aloe vera and drink lots of H2O, especially for the men-folk in the group! 

And after it was all said and done, I think we might go back for “bike week” again!  The price was right, and never mind the roaring motorcycle engines and too much leather for beach attire…!  It was a blessing to have a little escape and share a wonderful time with our friends!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails