Monday, August 24, 2009

3 months old!

Hard to believe, but true... Sebastian is three months old today! He's such a big boy now, tempting to roll over, smiling, laughing, cooing, putting his pacifier back in his mouth all by himself, typing e-mails to his daddy (he even has his very own gmail account!), and sleeping like a big boy - well at least most nights. He must have read the textbook about growth spurts and knew that he was supposed to have one at exactly 3 months, cuz he was up every 2-3 hours last night... not normal for little Seb, and not so fun for Mama and Dada...

Fortunately, one bad sleep night every couple of weeks hasn't tainted my opinion of my precious little babe! I continue to be amazed out how much I love him, and think there can't possibly be more room in my heart to love him any more than I already do... but each day, I DO love him even more than the day before. He's definitely a keeper! I'm sure you'd agree...
A friend of mine posted the following poem on Facebook awhile back, and I just read it again the other day, so I thought I'd post it here. It's a good reminder for me, when I get frustrated about dirty dishes in the sink or house projects that linger on. Those things will all still be there tomorrow, and that's totally OK. My baby won't be much of a baby for very long! Here's the poem, to share with you:
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow.
For babies grow up
we've learned to our sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs,
Dust, go to sleep
I'm rocking my baby
and babies don't keep
Sigh... what a wonderful journey we're on! Parenthood is amazing, and I continue to be so thankful for how God has blessed us with our beautiful son, Sebastian. He's trusted us to nurture him and teach him the ways of the Lord. It's a big responsibility, but we're up to the task and LOVING every minute!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails