Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Our little guy is growing!

It's hard to believe we haven't posted anything since we left the hospital. Everyday I write a blog entry in my head, but it never seems to actually make it to the computer...
Sebastian is 10 days old now! I'm constantly amazed at how wonderful it is to be a mother, yet how time consuming it is to keep this little guy fed, diapered and content. At least for now, not much else gets done (by me, that is!). I'm recovering well, taking it one day at a time, and off pain meds now. Hooray!
Tim went back to work on Monday, which was a bit traumatic for me - getting easier each day, but we've been hugely blessed with daily help from Grandma J and Grandma M. I am so incredibly thankful for their presence and their willingness to help out in so many ways!
We're all learning together - each day brings new joys and challenges. Just when I think I've figured something out about Sebastian, he changes his routine up on me, and the guessing game starts all over!
Anyways, I wanted to share the sequence of his weight checks... he really is growing well, and that brings much comfort to a new mama's soul!

Here is a shot of his birth weight (7 lbs 15oz):

When we left the hospital, he was 7 lbs 5oz... and then we had a weight check when he was 5 days old - he weighed in at 7 lbs 8 oz:

And here is a shot of his weight yesterday at his first official well child check with Dr. Donna (we were up to 8 lbs 3 oz!):

As you can tell, he totally digs being on the scale!

Here's one last shot I can't resist including - I think it's a beautiful picture of Sebastian and his daddy the day after he was born (thanks to my sister-in-law for snapping this one!). I just can't get over how much I love these two guys!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails