Friday, May 22, 2009

Don't worry... we'll be sure to post!

Just wanted to give an update for those who may be lurking around waiting for news of our baby's arrival... Little baby JM should arrive in the next couple of days, we hope! Today, I'm 41 weeks and 4 days pregnant - that's right, 11 days overdue. But, I still feel really quite good, have a decent amount of energy and still no swelling (hooray for that!). My lower back and left sacro-iliac joint (in the bum area) have been bothering me some the past couple of days, but otherwise I can't complain for being as pregnant as I am.

I had another appointment today for another non-stress test and ultrasound to check the fluid level around the baby. Once again, everything was beautiful - my monitor strip was reactive (and I even think I might have seen a couple of bumps on the tocometer that indicated some contractions) and my fluid level was still a wonderful 13.9. Exciting things for a pregnant doctor in waiting...


I have to take a little pity on my dear friend Rachel, who's been faithfully fighting the fight for me at work this past week. I stopped working as of Monday for many reasons, but one major reason was because it was so overwhelming to go into work everyday and be swamped by questions about when the baby was coming and why I hadn't delivered yet. I'm still getting that badgering, of sorts, on facebook, through phone calls, e-mails, etc. I don't want to sound unappreciative or disgruntled by the questions, because I know everyone cares about us and our baby so much and is very interested in the pending news. I thought by avoiding posts on facebook about being pregnant and overdue and instead writing about chewy chocolate chip cookies, rhubarb strawberry crisp, etc. that I might deter some of those comments, but not so... again, I'm thankful for the interest and investment in our lives, but it's made it more difficult to wake up every morning still pregnant.


But, back to Rachel... yes, poor Rachel has had to field the questions and comments everyday at work in my absence. It got to such extremes that yesterday she had to make a (loud) public announcement in the clinic assuring everyone that I had not yet delivered, I was not yet in labor, and that she would, in fact, make sure they all knew when it happened. I think she even said she'd wave a big flag and make a scene or something! To top it all off, she even posted on her facebook page and her blog that I wasn't in labor, just to ward off the inquisitive parties there too! Thanks, Rachel, for sticking up for me ;) and for taking this one for the team!


I know that there's a plan for this little one's arrival into the world and am trusting God - still would love for one of those gazillion things I've tried to kick in very soon, however! Tim asked me today what I would miss about being pregnant when this is all said and done, and I'm sure that I probably will miss many things. I told him that at 11 days past my due date, it probably wasn't the best time to ask me (again, feeling great for the most part and very thankful for that!). But I definitely have to admit that this has probably been the most wondrous experience of my life. I told him I was sure I'd miss the amazing movement of our little one inside of me, the baby's love for ice cream and how it would make me giggle, the way my body mysteriously and magically has changed to accommodate this new life, and much more. That being said, I am anxious to welcome our baby into the world and experience a whole new wonder and amazement!
One of my mom's biggest fears was that she would find out from our blog (instead of a phone call!) that she had a new grandbaby, but we've assured her that she'll be well aware of any such news long before it makes it to our blog! Although, for the rest of you, don't worry, we'll be sure to post some news and photos as soon as we have some to share.

2 comments:

Rita said...

Kirsten,
Thanks for keeping us updated! I'm just so excited for you and Tim and thrilled that the baby and you are healthy and doing well. You, Tim and Baby Johnsen Martin are in our prayers. :)
Rita

Anonymous said...

i was shouting "oh Oh there's the balloon in the yard,It's a boy!"What blessed news from you all! God bless you w/ worshipful wonder as each move happens in your new family.Marian

Related Posts with Thumbnails