Saturday, April 4, 2009

Thai Curry Yumminess!

Tomorrow we have a fellowship meal after church, and I've decided to repeat one of my favored and favorite recipes... Thai Curry. I got this recipe from my dear friend, Stephanie. I've modified it a bit. It sure is absolutely delicious (in our opinion), and the last time I took it to church, several people asked me for the recipe. I told them I'd post it on our blog, but that was 3 or 4 months ago... So, I'm trying to be a bit proactive by posting the recipe tonight, in case someone asks me tomorrow. The recipe below is for a single pot, but I almost always double it, because we're either serving it up to lots of people or just because we love it so much and are big fans of leftovers.
First, I mix the following together:
  • 1 can coconut milk - use the real stuff - the "lite" version just doesn't cut it.

  • 2 Tbsp of red curry paste - I use a brand called Maesri, which is available any Asian market and serveral grocery stores, if they have an international section - you can add less if you like things less spicy or a bit more if you really like a kick.

  • 2 Tbsp of fish sauce

  • 2 Tbsp of lime juice

  • 3 Tbsp of brown sugar
Then, I throw in all sorts of veggies chopped up into bite-sized chunks... tonight I added the following:
  • Tofu

  • Carrots

  • Green beans

  • Red and orange bell peppers

  • Zucchini and yellow squash

  • Broccoli

  • Bamboo shoots

  • Baby corn
It's best to start with the vegetables that take longest to cook, so they all end up done at approximately the same time.

Finally, I sprinkle a little bit of salt over top and either a bunch of fresh basil leaves or some frozen basil, depending on what I have. I never use dried basil.

And of course I taste test it a few times, and then add a pinch of this or a dash of that, a little more curry paste, lime juice, brown sugar, etc... or leave it just as it is, if it seems great already.

We serve it up with Jasmine rice and love, love, love it!

Give it a try! You won't be disappointed ;).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails