Monday, June 30, 2008
Baking bread is a LABOR of LOVE... especially when you're supposed to knead, then wait til it rises, then punch, knead and wait again - all sorts of waiting and muscle work! Tim took several pictures of me in action to prove that it was for real! We ended up with a big loaf of yummy oatmeal wheat bread (from More with Less, one of the best cookbooks ever published) that we took as part of our picnic dinner (note: bread still warm... so good!) at the concert in the park. Hooray! Can't wait to try more bread recipes and buff up my muscles.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
- He's a man of God, who has a servant's heart.
- He is faithful and incredibly dedicated to the people he loves and the things he holds dear.
- He puts others first, even when he's fatigued or suffering.
- He listens - really listens.
- He loves children, and they love him.
- He is patient and kind.
- He knocks down walls and puts new ones up again.
- He doesn't take any medicine (that's good and bad for a doctor's husband :))
- He prays the most sincere and earnest prayers; he prays for the people of the world and the people we encounter in our daily walks.
- He asks for cleaning supplies for his birthday - warms my heart.
- He walks to church and car pools to work.
- He has taught me the beauty of composting.
- He refinishes hardwood floors and he redesigns closets.
- He has a heart for missions and cultures of the world.
- He supports my jewelry business and always lends a helping hand.
- He loves ginger brew!
- He sometimes starts laughing uncontrollably when he's lying in bed and overly exhausted - the smallest thing (that may not seem so funny under less tired circumstances) sets him off.
- He reads reviews about most things before purchasing them.
- He uses spreadsheets.
- He introduced me to g-mail!
- He's expanded my family and my circle of friends.
- He is my life long partner and my best friend. I love sharing life with him. I love you, Timothy!
Happy birthday, my love.
My nephew digging for dinosaurs at the Museum of Natural History in Santa Barbara.
Tim & me at the bluff along the Pacific Ocean, where we camped at El Capitan State Park, north of Santa Barbara.
The refreshing pools along the river in Los Padres National Forest, where we camped and hiked.
My super swell cousin, Duane, who's happy as a clam, with his new, lovely bride, Audrey. Congratulations! We love you both! Welcome to the family, Audrey.