Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Hunting for Easter Eggs

I haven't blogged for awhile, and quite honestly, I'm exhausted right now, but I wanted to include a few pictures of our nieces and nephews hunting for Easter eggs. We gathered as the "Martin Family" to celebrate Easter on Palm Sunday - some of us were going to be away and some of us were going to be on call (yours truly... sigh) on Easter Sunday, so it worked best to get together a week earlier. It's a family tradition to hunt for eggs in the yard at Grandma & Grandpa's house, after Jill hides them all over the place. The kids were super excited to find their eggs and score the treats and surprises inside! Even the adults were out searching for eggs. I didn't get the right egg - the women were all looking for a yellow egg with a smiley face on it that had a winning ticket inside for a complete facial by Jill. Lori was the winner! Maybe next time for me...

Easter weekend call was one of my most exhausting calls yet as an attending. I'm in need of some respite to recover, so I shouldn't be typing on the computer right now, but rather be in bed... Perhaps I'll blog about my weekend later.

Despite fatigue and some emotionally draining stuff going on this past weekend, I was reminded of new life and the joy of salvation every time I walked out into my front yard (to get into the car to go to the hospital again) and saw the daffodils and crocuses popping through the ground and blooming. What a wonderful gift we have been given! Celebrate the risen King!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails